Reid resigned his seat after a decision to move to Florida for a professional opportunity. He was looking for employ-ment after recently selling his ownership interests in both Rome Ford Lincoln Mercury and Parkway Ford in Adairs-ville.
Reid said he had hoped to stay in Rome, but was unable to find a job that did not require a commute.
Reids Committee replacements are as follows:
* Commissioner Norman Skidmore has been asked to serve on the Alcohol Control Committee. This appointment will begin at todays 5 p.m. meeting.
* Commissioner Bill Fricks will serve on the tourism com-mittee.
* Commissioner Wright Babgby will serve on the Committee on Committees.
* Commissioner Jamie Doss will serve on, and become chair of, the Water and Sewer Committee.
* Commissioner Kim Canada will serve on the Finance Committee.
* Commissioner Buzz Wachsteter will serve on the Public Works Committee