Lumsden, chairman of the commission, announced in November his intention to resign his Post 4 seat on the commission to seek the Georgia House of Representatives District 12 seat. Lumsden’s resignation is expected to occur in March, after which an election will be called by the Floyd County Pro-bate Judge.
“After hearing that Chairman Lumsden was seeking the Georgia House of Representatives, I was encouraged by friends and family members to seek his soon-to-be vacated seat. After prayerful consideration, I have decided to seek the position,” stated Lee who is the former chief financial officer of Coosa Valley Credit Union.
“I have spent my whole career in the financial service in-dustry managing multi-million dollar budgets, and now more than ever the county commission needs someone who has the experience to cut waste, keep the budget balanced, and man-age our financial resources,” stated Lee who is currently a business administrator at West Rome Baptist Church.
“At every level of government, our economy dictates that we make tough fiscal decisions. I have the experience of making difficult decisions, managing employees, and finding ways to save financial resources in tough times.”
Besides having broad economic experience, Lee is an active member of the Rome-Floyd County community:
- Vice chairman of the Rome Floyd County Parks and Recreation Authority,
- Executive board member and treasurer of the Boy Scouts of America Northwest Georgia Council,
- Member of the Floyd County Personnel Board,
- Deacon at West Rome Baptist Church,
- Board member and treasurer of Titus International,
- Graduate of Leadership Rome,
- Member of Rome Rotary,
- Life member of the National Rifle Association, and
- Director of membership for the Floyd County Republican Party.
Lee is married to the former Mary Waldrep. They have two adult children and two grandchildren. He served six years in the U.S. Air Force Reserves/Alabama Air National Guard.