On July 18, my 4½-year-old son Tristen went into anaphylactic shock after receiving an allergy shot.
Dr. Carlton and his staff at Atlanta Allergy & Asthma Clinic immediately started procedures that saved my son’s life. When he relapsed, Dr. Carlton called 911 for an ambulance, and the paramedics contacted the emergency room. When my son arrived, the pediatric trauma team was waiting and prepared to continue treatment for the allergic reaction he had to the shot.
I hope parents, teachers and anyone who comes in contact with a child with allergies will realize those allergies can threaten a life in a split second.